ECCA Premium® Quality and Sustainability label will bring you value and peace of mind ensuring defined quality level and sustainability of the prepainted metal used in your projects.
Two different prepainted products can look the same but show significant differences beyond the surface aspect!
For USERS of…
… prepainted aluminium:
Coil Coater: Hydro Aluminium & Lindab – Architect: Dico si Tiganas
- Durable colours and aesthetics: The paint topcoat system is crucial: ECCA Premium® requires a minimum paint film thickness for prepainted aluminium products to ensure longterm aesthetics and durability of the building. The paint topcoat filters UV radiation and protects the primer layer from photo-ageing and plays an important role as a barrier against water and corrosive agents. ECCA Premium® labelled products provide UV protection in accordance with EN 1396.
- Creativity in design: The choice of the aluminium alloy determines the mechanical properties of the prepainted product: ECCA Premium® requires an alloy according to EN 1396. ECCA Premium® requires flexibility and adhesion of the paint system which are the key properties to allow frequent and complex processing and forming operations.
… prepainted steel:
Coil coater: ArcelorMittal – Architect: Afritects (Tony de Oliviera)
- Durable colours and aesthetics: The paint topcoat system is crucial: ECCA Premium® requires a defined paint film thickness (depending on the final specified performance) for prepainted steel products to ensure long term aesthetics and durability of the building. The paint topcoat filters UV radiation and protects the primer layer from photo-ageing and plays an important role as a barrier against water and corrosive agents. ECCA Premium® labelled products offer UV radiation level of minimum RUV3 (RUV2 for sharp & metallic colours) in accordance with EN 10169.
- Long lasting buildings thanks to optimum corrosion resistance: The choice of steel substrate, the thickness of its metallic protection e.g. zinc (and the thickness of the paint system) play an essential role in the corrosion resistance of the building: ECCA Premium® requires minimum 200g/m² Zinc or equivalent metallic protection. ECCA Premium® labelled products have a corrosion resistance level of minimum RC3 (in accordance with EN 10169) proven by natural outdoor exposure tests of minimum 2 years certified by independent laboratories.
Coil coater: ThyssenKrupp Steel – Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Creativity in design: ECCA Premium® requires flexibility and adhesion of the paint system which are the key properties to allow frequent and complex processing and forming operations.
- Caring about people, health and environment: Manufacturers of ECCA Premium® labelled products have adopted a social responsibility policy (e.g. UN Global Compact). ECCA Premium® labelled products do not contain heavy metals or Substances of Very High Concern (REACH). Manufacturers of ECCA Premium® labelled products operate under Quality (ISO 9001), Environmental (ISO 14001 or EMAS) and Safety (OHSAS 18001 or similar) management systems.
For PRODUCERS of prepainted metals
Coil coater: Miralu – Architect: AIA Architects (Albert Constantin)
- Licensed production sites and products have a distinctive and competitive advantage over their competitors
- The ECCA Premium® Label contributes to demonstrating your dedication to quality and sustainability, giving peace of mind to your customers who can rely on the product, its performance and sustainability
ECCA Premium® labels are granted to coil coaters who have successfully passed inspections performed by duly certified, independent auditing bodies.